Rotherham Whitehill U15 v Charnock Girls U15 - Under 16
Sun 23rd May 2021 @ 15:51:52 (392 Views)
Rotherham Whitehill U15 (0) v Charnock Girls U15 (1) - Shield match
Going into our final Shield Cup group match this time we travelled to Rotherham. Winning the previous two games we wanted to finish top of the group unbeaten, and the girls didn't disappoint.
The first 10-minutes started off at bit scrappy with both teams struggling to get hold of the ball. But it wasn't long before we took the lead with a great through ball from midfield which found Lilly P who took a couple of touches and neatly finished it with her right foot sliding it under the Rotherham Keeper making it 0 v 1. Confidence was high and it was Charnock doing all the pressing and having chances. Again, Lilly P ran through the defence but this time was denied by the Keeper. We kept plugging away and couldn't manage to find that second goal which we deserved but kept Rotherham to minimal chances. So we went in at H/T 0 v 1.
The second half started off similar to the first where both teams were struggling to get hold of the ball to find a pass. Rotherham looked more threatening going forward but it was Charnock were creating the chances. However we couldn't manage to find the second goal this time. Megan went close and Lilly P again broke through the Rotherham defence several times but found their Keeper in great form. As the game went on it become more open and stretched. Going into the last 10 minutes Rotherham gave it a good go but this time our Keeper Ellie made two fine saves. Overall a comfortable win for us finishing 0 v 1.
Really pleased again with our performance, we defended as a team and attacked as a team. We kept our shape and discipline all way through the game. Also really pleased how we defended without the ball getting back into positions, limiting Rotherham to a few chances. We also showed great fitness levels, playing some good football at times and creating loads of chances. Really looking forward now to the semi-finals.
- Ellie was brilliant today, making two great saves when we needed you and came off your line well in the second half.
- Freya had a terrific game again at right back, getting better and better, and passed the ball well today.
- Corah brilliant again at left back. Strong in the tackle and getting better with distribution of the ball. Great captain's performance.
- Morgan did brilliant just to get through the game. Would never know you had an injury, the performance you put in was fantastic showing great determination and strong in the tackle.
- Evie your reading of the game is unbelievable, seeing danger so early. You were a different class today. Also brilliant at bringing the ball out of defence.
Midfield & Strikers
- Sophie played brilliantly today, full of confidence, playing some lovely balls through and strong in the tackle, well done.
- Eva did really well in right midfield, getting involved and playing some nice balls with your left foot down the line.
- Emily unlucky not to score in the first half with your shot which got blocked, a good performance, getting involved and put good effort in well done.
- Lily S worked so hard in right midfield showing great skills when you had the ball. Also put some good tackles in well done.
- Hollie is playing at a different level at the minute, showing great shielding of the ball today and making some excellent runs with the ball, taking players on with ease.
- Molly was struggling with an injury today but had an excellent game in midfield, showing great range of passes and winning a few headers as well.
- Leah had an excellent game again today also playing at a different level, your determination today was there for all to see, playing some lovely balls forward for our strikers.
- Megan put a great shift in today, never letting the Rotherham defence settle and unlucky not to get on the score sheet. But your all-round game today was brilliant.
- Lilly P scored again against your old club, never letting the Rotherham defence settle with great runs off the ball and unlucky not to score more than the one you did.
See you all Tuesday